Marcus & Millichap Completes Six-Property Self-Storage Portfolio Sale in Metro Atlanta
“This Your Extra Attic portfolio spans 30 miles in northwestern Georgia, an area with extremely favorable demographics,” said Stacey Gorman, senior vice president investments in Marcus & Millichap’s Atlanta office. “The region has seen tremendous population growth over the past decade and is expected to grow by an additional 5% to 20% within the next five years. The portfolio’s potential for expansion contributed to the competitive sales process we conducted for this unique set of properties.”
Gorman represented the seller, Your Extra Attic, a family-owned business with over 30 years’ experience in building and managing self-storage properties. Your Extra Attic's principals, Michael and Marc Gray, both spent their careers in the self-storage industry developing the properties, building the Your Extra Attic brand and managing the properties. Gorman also procured the buyer, a private investment firm.
The properties are:
- 6075 Post Road, Cumming, a 519-unit, all-climate, multi-story facility built in 2020
- 1715 Peachtree Parkway, Cumming, a 516-unit facility built in 1999 and 2002
- 130 Peachtree Industrial Blvd., Sugar Hill, a 538-unit facility built in 1999 and 2001
- 5534 Highway 92, Acworth, a 538-unit facility built in 1983 and expanded in 2002
- 13700 Highway 9, Milton, a 529-unit facility built in 2002 and 2005
- 2909 Log Cabin Drive, Smyrna, a 536-unit all-climate, multi-story facility built in 2006
The average net rentable square feet is 72,650 and 55% of the units are climate controlled.
# # #
About Marcus & Millichap (NYSE: MMI)
Marcus & Millichap, Inc. is a leading brokerage firm specializing in commercial real estate investment sales, financing, research and advisory services with offices throughout the United States and Canada. As of December 31, 2021, the company had 1,994 investment sales and financing professionals in 82 offices who provide investment brokerage and financing services to sellers and buyers of commercial real estate. The company also offers market research, consulting and advisory services to clients. Marcus & Millichap closed 13,255 transactions in 2021, with a sales volume of approximately $84.4 billion. For additional information, please visit www.MarcusMillichap.com.