Executive Managing Director Investments
Will Balthrope is Executive Managing Director of Institutional Property Advisors (IPA), a division of Marcus & Millichap (M&M). He possesses more than 25 years of commercial real estate experience, specializing in multi-family property sales. Since 2000, Mr. Balthrope has closed over $10 billion in multifamily transactions for both institutional and private sellers.
Will is currently ranked as one of the top producers nationally with IPA/M&M. Since joining the firm in 2006, his success has earned him the distinction of being the #1 producer in history for the firm in Texas; in 2017 he was ranked as the #1 IPA agent in the nation. Prior to joining IPA/M&M, he was a top producer for Cushman & Wakefield. Mr. Balthrope’s success ranked him as C&W’s #1 apartment broker in the nation in 2003, as well as the Dallas office’s #1 producer from 2003-2005.
Will formerly served as Chairman of the Silver Multifamily Council of the ULI, and is currently a board member of the National Multi Housing Council. Will currently serves as Co-Chair of the Multi-Family Council of the North Texas Chapter of ULI. Mr. Balthrope appears frequently as a guest speaker at industry events and is often quoted in the media. He has lectured MBA classes at Southern Methodist University. His client list includes REITs, pension funds, private investment companies, local and national investors, banks and special servicers. Mr. Balthrope holds an MBA degree, with an emphasis in real estate, from Southern Methodist University, and received his bachelor’s degree in English from Colorado College in Colorado Springs, Colorado.
License: TX: 0358459, TX: 568941
- Top 10 Investment Professional: 2018, 2017, 2011, 2010
- Chairman's Circle of Excellence (CCOE): 2020, 2019, 2018, 2017, 2016, 2014
- Chairman's Club (CC): 2020, 2019, 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013, 2011, 2010, 2007
- National Achievement Award: 2021, 2020, 2019, 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009, 2008, 2007
- Sales Recognition Award: 2021, 2020, 2019, 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009, 2008, 2007
- First Year Achiever: 2007
- Top Investment Professional – Multi-Family IPA: 2017
- SIA Induction: 2009