Marcus & Millichap - Investment Associate - Industrial Real Estate Broker Richmond, VA
• Provide brokerage and investment services for the acquisition or disposition of Industrial commercial real estate including transactions management, comprehensive market research and consulting, financial modeling and valuation work, risk analysis, and landlord representation.
Strategic Asset Services, LLC – Commercial Real Estate Financial Services
2013 - 2018
CMBS Field Inspector / Commercial Inspections (1099 Contract) Foot Hills, CA/Chicago, IL/Richmond, VA
• Provide real estate asset services for financial institutions, commercial banks, pension/equity funds including physical site inspections and due diligence for CMBS & Agency (Fannie & Freddie) assets, underwriting and servicing assignments, property valuations and discounted cash-flow modeling, credit and risk assessment.
• Serve as the primary point of contact and subject matter expert for the local property markets, tracking market data, detailed property and loan information, and operating and performance metrics.
Keller Williams Commercial - Real Estate Brokerage & Investment
Associate - Commercial Real Estate Broker Richmond, VA/Chicago, IL
• Drive KW’s commercial sales and leasing activity by soliciting and engaging market participants including owners, investors, banks, etc. to source real estate brokerage and advisory assignments.
• Implement and manage internal systems for team members and associate brokers for transaction coordination, internal communication, client communication, financial management, information management, central database management, and marketing.
Shubert Family - 2010 - 2013
Stay-At-Home-Dad Chicago, IL
Newcastle Limited – Commercial Real Estate Investment & Advisory
6/08 - 10/09
Real Estate Research Director Chicago, IL
• Managed the firm’s retail and multifamily investment pipeline and advisory business between Senior Management, Acquisitions and Property Management, and Investment Committee.
• Coordinated and addressed deal specific issues including asset modeling and valuation analysis (Discounted Cash Flow), investment performance and forecasts, outlined scope of work and advisory deliverables (due diligence, research, brokers opinion of value), financial and statistical analysis, etc.
• Assisted Controller managing the debt portfolio, examining interest rate swaps, risk assessment and mitigation strategies, corporate reporting and budgeting (FASB 141 Cost Accounting, FASB 144 Impairment Testing), lease and debt abstracts, etc.
• Collaborated with external sources to examine capital markets, economic and demographic information, market fundamentals and forecasted the impact on the portfolio within the context of the firms “Urban Infill Transit Oriented” business mission.
• Analyzed and organized multifamily submarkets and retail corridors and followed emerging neighborhoods, trends, scrutinized rental information, and existing/planned competitive supply, etc.
Property & Portfolio Research (now Costar Group)– Commercial RE Research & Consulting
3/04 - 6/08
Sr. Client Relationship Manager / Business Development Manager Boston, MA
• Directed the Client Relationship team with an emphasis on renewals, subscription upgrades, enterprise pricing, cross selling, contract negotiations, product servicing, etc.
• Proactively engaged decision makers and C-level executives to source additional business development leveraging the existing platform of products and deliverables to increase revenue and expand client relationships; identify gaps in our current product line and examine feasibility of new products.
• Synchronized client assignments and deliverables for the various teams within PPR (Business Development Team, Strategy Team, Research, Senior Management, etc) and quantifying the “value” proposition of our products and services.
• Educated new and potential clients on the platform of products and services, coordinated in-house and webinar demonstrations, attended industry trade shows showcasing the depth of products and services.
Sr. Real Estate Economist
• Served as the subject matter expert in the Midwest markets covering the four major property types and examining granular market data.
• Orchestrated discussions on commercial real estate trends, investment strategies, lease-up and exit plans for clients such as investment banks, developers, private equity groups, REITs, and pension funds.
• Produced qualitative and quantitative research reports and market assessments for specific investments, and new acquisitions.
• Collaborated and supported the Property Strategists to track macro trends in the U.S. property markets, performed monthly reports and updates to library of data, and assisted in the production of national market reports and client updates and quarterly deliverables.
• Maintained up-to-date analytical tools and data/technology resources for targeting markets, providing strategic advice, stress testing CMBS loans and underwriting, property analysis and evaluation.
Cabot Company Real Estate & Development –Commercial Real Estate Portfolio
Asset Manager/Project Manager Boston, MA
• Directed a real estate investment portfolio of commercial and multifamily properties which included budgeting and financial reporting, oversee capital expenditures, leasing and collections, inspections, etc.
• Managed condo conversions development pipeline including construction budgets and timelines, organizing materials and schedules, organized sub-contractors and labor, and third-party vendors, etc.
Morgan Stanley Smith Barney – Financial Services & Investment Consulting
6/96 – 6/02
Registered Investment Associate / Portfolio Analyst Chicago, IL
• Monitored equity and income investment portfolios for continuity in asset allocation strategies, produced due diligence analysis and investment performance reports on individual stocks, money managers and suitability of investment products.
EDUCATION & LICENSES
Virginia Real Estate License
Central Michigan University Major: Economics
Bachelor of Science in Business Administration Minor: Business Law & Regulation
• Out-of- the-box thought leader and problem solver with talent for sculpting creative business solutions
• Able to oversee a team and manage work-flow in a face-paced environment across multiple levels of the organization
• Excellent written/oral communication and public speaking skills; organize work effectively and deliver exceptional results
• Highly computer literate, proficient in MAC and MS Office Products - Word, Power Point, Excel, MS Access (pivot tables, VLOOKUP), Argus, Yardi, Salesforce, GIS Mapping, Costar/LoopNet, MLS, etc.