Shaun Riney is a commercial real estate broker at Marcus & Millichap and Partner of the New York Multifamily Team, a specialized investment sales team which closed $1 Billion in transaction dollar volume in the NYC metro in 2016. Mr. Riney has a primary focus on large multi-family, mixed-use and development assignments in Brooklyn and Queens. He has ranked as the #1 broker of Marcus & Millichap - Brooklyn office since 2011 and has ranked within the top 50 brokers of the nationwide firm since 2015.
Some of his notable recent sales in 2016 include the $73,000,000 sale of the 17 building ZT Realty portfolio in Northern Brooklyn, the $56,000,000 sale of the Mohawk Apartments in Clinton Hill, the $30,000,000 sale of the Roosevelt Apartments in Jackson Heights, Queens, and the $36,000,000 sale of the Southside-Wythe development assemblage for $36,000,000 in Williamsburg, Brooklyn.
- #1 Ranking Broker Brooklyn Office (2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017)
- #5 Ranking Broker in New York City by Total Commercial Transactions Sold (2014)
- Chairman's Club Award – 2015 & 2016
- National Achievement Award – 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017
- Sales Recognition Award – 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017
- Rookie of the Year Award – 2010
- 7 Figure Club Recipient by Age 27 – Marcus & Millichap
- CoStar Power Broker – 2015, 2016
- Brooklyn is Fertile Ground for Rainmaker Riney (2016)
- Named Top 20 to Watch in NYC Commercial Real Estate (2012)
- Power Broker: The Multifamily Guy (2011)
Riney is an active member of Greenpeace, UNESCO, and the Polaris Project, an organization preventing human trafficking around the globe. He is also a primary sponsor of Discover Outdoors Youth Foundation, whose mission is to provide life-changing, educational, and fun outdoor experiences to underprivileged New York City students who need it most. In 2017, Shaun and the New York Multifamily team partnered with the New Dawn Charter School in Brooklyn to provide funding for a year's worth of programming and adventures.
His passions outside of real estate include traveling, scuba-diving, cycling, mountain biking, and spending meaningful time with friends and family. He regularly competes in Triathlons and is a dedicated mountain hiker and has spent considerable time climbing in the Pyrenees Mountain Range of Southwest Europe, the Tramuntana Mountains of Mallorca, The Na Pali Coast of Hawaii, the Adirondacks, White Mountains of New Hampshire, and the Catskills. He is a sports enthusiast, an avid soccer player and Captain of the Brooklyn Football Club (BKFC).
Riney is a graduate of Boston University and currently resides in Williamsburg, Brooklyn.