Richard Carl Reisman AIA brings to Marcus & Millichap a highly diversified experience in Project Development and mixed-use real estate economics. His comprehensive expertise in land transactions generally and in retail, residential & office development specifically, comes from his work in architecture, development & mixed-use consulting for both public and private entities. Richard specializes in land, development transactions particularly mixed-use and leased commercial investments.
Following 15 years in architecture, Richard spent 18 years in real estate development including 16 years directing development activities for Interland Corporation. This included land transactions, commercial leasing, managing design & construction teams, and public agency liaison; all for multi-family residential, office, retail and cinema projects.
Richard began his consulting at Santana Row (2003), contributing residential expertise and broader planning for subsequent phases of this exemplary mixed-use community. Richard continued consulting under his own company Home Partners, Development & Mixed-Use Consulting. In 2012 Richard brought Marcus & Millichap into an assignment that led to a working relationship and his ultimately joining the firm.
Richard’s ongoing relationships with San Mateo and Santa Clara County cities were formed during his service on Planning Commission and Design Review Boards. These contacts and up to date knowledge of zoning limits and project economics support accurate underwriting, optimizing marketability of real estate to the nation’s best developer buyers.
ADDITIONAL PROFESSIONAL INFORMATION
· California Real Estate License #01916861
· Licensed Architect, State of California, 1976; License #C-8765
· Bachelor of Architecture, Georgia Institute of Technology, 1973
· Alpha Tau Omega Honorary
· Urban Land Institute (ULI), Public Private Partnership Council Gold Flight 2000-2003;
Current ULI Associate Member
· SAMCEDA/Economic Vitality Partnership (San Mateo County), member 1992 - 2003
Housing Action Team Chair 1996-2000
· International Council of Shopping Centers (ICSC) 1994 - 2003
· NAIOP – The Association of Commercial Real Estate, Silicon Valley Chapter, 1990 - 2003,
Board of Directors 1993-1996
· American Institute of Architects (AIA), since 1976
· San Francisco Planning & Urban Research (SPUR)
DESIGN REVIEW & CIVIC PARTICIPATION
· Code Enforcement Hearing Panel, Hillsborough, CA, 2007 - Present
· Chair (2003-2005), Hillsborough Architecture and Design Review Board
Member 2000 through mid-2006
· Foster City Planning Commission, 1982 – 1984
· Board Member Hillsborough Schools Foundation 1995 – 1998
· Hillsborough Housing Element Update Committee - 2009
· San Mateo County Housing Element Update Committee – 2009 - 2010